Sunday 17 June 2012

My Soundtrack. A Beat We Can All Dance To... Hopefully.

Here are a list of songs that help me shift gears to get me inspired/motivated for writing my chapters. Some of these tracks are on my MP3 player, others are just sat on my computer for when i am pulling all of my words out of thin air and onto paper.

David Bowie - Heroes.

- This has only just been added to my list as i was stumbling through writer's block a couple of days ago and this song came on the radio. I listened to the song without trying to write and after it had finished, a path was recovered that i could take to wrap that chapter up. And with my novel being Fantasy and that my characters all turn into Godesses and Gods at some point this was like a golden ticket.

My Chemical Romance - Na Na Na.

Porcelain Black - King Of The World.

Bon Jovi - Living On A Prayer.

The White Stripes - Seven Nation Army.

2 Unlimited - Twilight Zone.

Corona - The Rhythm of the Night.

Moby - We Are All Made Of Stars.

Scooter - Jumping All Over The World.

The Shamen - Boss Drum.

The Saturdays - Work.

Darude - Sandstorm.

- I usually like rocking out to these on the bus with the volume turned up full. After a whole day with the family and after shouldering the tribulations i just forget the world around me and concentrate getting back to my desk to create mayhem with them. Here are some more songs that get me into the spirit of wrecking hell.

Billy Idol - White Wedding.

Whitesnake - Here I Go Again.

Europe - The Final Countdown.

Guns N Roses - Welcome To The Jungle.

Linkin Park - Bleed It Out.

Sash! - Ecuador.

Survivor - Eye Of The Tiger.

Muse - Supermassive Black Hole.

2 Unlimited - No Limit.

Utah Saints - Something Good.

The Prodigy - No Good (Start The Dance)

Planet Perfecto - Bullet In The Gun.

Sixx. A.M - This Is Gonna Hurt.

Kate Ryan - Desenchantee.

Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Two Tribes.

- Sometimes it's not about feeling the beat to get motivated. I find that listening to softer beats that it triggers an image off inside my head and that's enough for me to write a few scences. Here are several of those -

Alicia Keys - New York Part One.

Electric Light Ochestra - Livin' Thing.

Coldplay ft Rihanna - Princess Of China.

Enya - Anywhere Is.

Prince - Gold.

Jordin Sparks - One Step At A Time.

Robert Miles - Children.

Moby - After.

Moby - So This Is Goodbye.

Scissor Sisters - Fire With Fire.

Planet Funk - Chase The Sun.

Stevie Nicks - Edge of Seventeen.

- And here's a few more upbeat tracks that i forgot to mention earlier.

Lady Gaga - The Edge Of Glory.

Gorillaz - Dare.

Culture Beat - Mr Vain.

Madonna - Die Another Day.

Maroon 5 - Moves Like Jagger.

Within Temptation - Mother Earth.

Taio Cruz - Dynamite.

Green Day - American Idiot.

Infernal - Self Control.

Katy Perry - Firework.

Sash! Mysterious Times.

Kelly Clarkson - Long Shot.

Lady Gaga - Marry The Night.

Infernal - Dressed In Blue.

Kate Ryan - Voyage Voyage.

Guns N Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine.

Scissor Sisters - Comfortably Numb.

And there we have it. That's my soundtrack in a nutshell. I have more songs which i have left out simply because i am going to put that up in Lady Of The Kryptonites when the interviews with my main characters go up. This might take a few weeks yet but i will keep you informed.

I hope you enjoy these songs and that you gain some motivation when you need it most.
:)

1 comment:

  1. Oh man I can't wait to jam to some of these tunes! Thanks for the share!

    ReplyDelete